Amazon.com has recently updated their product pages for Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2. They include a release date and some new features!
We initially thought that Storm 2 would release in November in North America because, well, that’s when Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 1 was released. This thought was instantly pushed aside when GameStop listed a ship date of September 1. GameStop does sometime list incorrect list dates, but most of the time they are correct. However, this may be one of those times where they are, indeed incorrect.
Amazon.com lists August 17, 2010 as a release date, and while there is no guarantee to this, we feel they’ve got the correct one listed. Why do we think August 17 is the correct date? Because well, historically it makes sense. The last couple of Naruto games Namco Bandai Games released in North America have all been on a Tuesday, and August 17 is what? A Tuesday!
– Tuesday, March 25, 2008 Ultimate Ninja 3
– Tuesday, June 24, 2008 Ultimate Ninja Heroes 2
– Tuesday, November 4, 2008 Ultimate Ninja Storm
– Tuesday, March 24, 2009 Ultimate Ninja 4
– Tuesday, October 6, 2009 Akatsuki Rising
– Tuesday, May 11, 2010 Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3
– and now possibly Tuesday, August 17, 2010 Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 ???
Additionally, Amazon.com lists Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 as going to have:
– 18 interactive and destructible levels
– Each mode will allow the players to live the action from the point of view of one of the three main characters, offering completely different experiences
– Take on the world with your finely honed skills. Includes an exclusive card system which allows players to show their ninja style
The 18 new interactive and destructible levels is self-explanatory, but the other two newly revealed features, what could they be? A full blown action/adventure mode with RPG elements featuring Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke? Namco Bandai did reveal there to be a free-roam Leaf Village, but they left the door open for other potential stages. Are us fans really going to great treated!? Looks like we’ll have to find out as the release date draws near!
Potential European Box Art
Lastly, we have an image of what MAY be the European box art. There is no confirmation for this, and it could be fake, but one of our great visitors, Sonic, was kind enough to share it with us! And just in case it may be real, we wanted to show it off to you!