Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations InterviewPosted on July 8, 2011 at 2:58 PM
Developer CyberConnect2’s president Hiroshi Matsuyama recently sat down with the folks over at CaptaiNaruto and gave an interview in regards to Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations! The interview can be seen in the video below, but it is in French, so we’ll give you the main points.
- The team at CC2 realized that the online experience in Storm 2 was unbalanced, with many of the top players always selecting Sage Naruto, Pain, Minato, and Deidara. For Storm Generations, the CC2 teams hopes to have all the characters, new and old, be balanced. In otherwords, a fair fight can take place between Naruto Part 1 and Naruto Shippuden characters.
- Matsuyama states that other then Zabuza and Haku, there will be characters from Naruto Part 1 that didn’t make it into Storm 1.
- Matsuyama also stated that Generations will have characters from Naruto Shippuden that didn’t make it into Storm 2. It’s unlikely manga-only characters will make an appearance.
A separate interview done by Mangas-Fr with Namco Bandaï Games France product manager Anthony Gambit also reveals a few interesting things. However, because the interview is posted in a forum without video confirmation, please take the following with a grain of salt until, well, if and when official news of it is released.
- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations will cover all of the canon story arcs from Naruto and Naruto Shippuden. This includes the Zabuza/Haku arc from Naruto to the recent clash between Naruto and Sasuke after the recent Kage Summit.
CC2 will not go any further because they would like to wait the end of the manga to make a worthy sequel for Storm 2.
- Story mode will be huge, but different from Storm 1 and Storm 2. The story will progress from different characters points of views. For example, the Zabuza/Haku arc will be played from their point of view.
- The gameplay for Generations will be similar to Storm 2. Jutsu clashes are not planned at this stage of the development and neither is training mode
- Storm 1 characters will have short ultimate jutsus to keep fights fluids in online mode like in Storm 2 rather then the long, cinematic ones in Storm 1
- Like Storm 1, there will be some characters that are playable and others that are support only. This is because for some of the characters, like Iruka, many jutsu have not been shown. CC2 does not want to invent styles and attacks for characters as they may be shown in the manga. They want to wait until the end of the Naruto manga to make a true sequel to Storm 2.
- Just like in Storm 2, variations of same character will be playable. For example, Naruto and Sage Naruto.
- Generations will have multiple online modes and possible downloadable content. For Storm 2, downloadable content was not included because the team at CC2 were busy with other projects
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations is a 3D fighter in works by CyberConnect2 for the Sony PlayStation 3 and Microsoft Xbox 360. It is scheduled to be published in North America, Europe, and Japan by Namco Bandai Games in 2012. For more information, please visit the Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations section.