Dragon Ball Xenoverse is making its way to retailers at an announced date in early 2015. Thousands of fans played the 27-hour network test over a week ago to help developer Dimps work out some of the issues in the game’s online play. While many have been recollecting their great experiences, SergioM3 has been hard at work taking a look into the hidden files of the game’s network test client. There he has found a a rumored list of playable characters, some rumored costumes and accessories, ultimate moves, and special attacks through textual data.
In his latest exploration into the world of hidden Xenoverse data, he finds players will be able to change the body type of characters through preset styles (like how hair styles were in the network test. For example the standard fat Majin male can be changed to a more muscular body type), there will be a training mode, a reputation system, and more. Take a look at the video below, it’s quite interesting! Before watching though, please remember to take this as a RUMOR. Some of the theories SergioM3 presents have merit based on the images he shows, but it should be noted developer Dimps is still working on Dragon Ball Xenoverse so what we see here based on hidden data in the network test client may not be what’s in the the retail release. Actually, even what we’ve seen as visible content from the network test may be vastly different from the final product. So take this all with a grain of salt and know it might all be different by the time you play Dragon Ball Xenoverse.
This is the Goku quotes video mentioned by Sergio.
Also found were a list of 24 stages. Below are the 21 that could be deciphered based on theory and speculation. Again, please take this as rumor. We did note Kami’s Lookout was not mentioned in the list, even though it was a playable stage in the network test. It might be one of the stages with syntax that was indecipherable.
- Rocky Area
- Rocky Area at Night
- Planet Namek
- Planet Namek after Spirit Bomb Hit
- Planet Namek close to explosion
- A town
- A town (night)
- A town (destroyed)
- Cell Games Arena
- Cell Games Arena (destroyed)
- King Kai’s Planet
- Sky in West City Where Goku Goes Super Saiyan 3
- Supereme Kai’s Planet
- Inside Frieza’s Spaceship
- Ice/Glacier Stage
- Tuffle Planet
- World Tournament
- Toki Toki City
- Kami’s Lookout (not mentioned, but we’ve seen it)
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Goku and Vegeta Going Super Saiyan In-Game
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse Review (Network Test Version)
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse English Network Test Gameplay and Menus
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Beta Throws and Combos
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Trailer 2, English HD Extended
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: All Specials and Poses
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Fights and City Roaming in Beta Videos
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Supreme Kai of Time, Towa, Mira, TokiToki Screenshots
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse Trailer 1
Dragon Ball Xenoverse will be making it’s way to the PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360. It will offer in-game transformations, characters with the most detailed facial expressions ever seen in the Dragon Ball universe and new cel shaded graphics. Dragon Ball: Xenoverse will be published by Bandai Namco Games and is in development by DIMPS (the company behind the Budokai series). No specific release date has been announced, but it will make its way to Japan, Europe, and North America early 2015.