The 2016 Japan Expo took place at the Paris-Nord Villepinte Exhibition Center in Paris, France this past weekend. Masayuki Hirano, Producer at Bandai Namco Entertainment for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 was on hand at the event where the team at J-Patrol had the opportunity to interview him. You can take a look at the full video interview and the key points from Saiyan Island’s understanding below!
- In Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, the objective is to save the history of Dragon Ball once again. However, after finishing the game, there is a special feature where players may be able to alter the history of Dragon Ball in a different way
- Giant characters are not planned as playable characters. However, there are may requests from fans, so things may change.
- There will be a new feature called “Awaken Power” where there will be various transformation for each of the races. For example, Saiyans can go Super Saiyan 3 and the Frieza race can go Golden.
- Super Saiyan God and Super Saiyan Blue are not currently planned as transformations for created characters. It’s possible they may be added in if there are enough transformations for the other races as well or if enough fans request it. The reason for hesitation to add those two transformations is balance.
- In terms of stage destruction, only the rocks are being focused on now. For example, if players shoot ki blasts, rocks will splatter everywhere. Or when chargigng ki, rocks will start floating.
- Conton City, the new Hub for Xenoverse 2 is 7 times larger than Xenoverse 1’s Toki Toki City. Players will be able to fly, ride hoverboards. The goal is so the hub city isn’t boring. Other places players can visit include Frieza’s Spaceship and Planet Namek. Players will be able to interact with different characters in the Dragon Ball world.
- Xenoverse 2 takes place 2 years after the Xenoverse 1. History is being altered and events such as Turles on Namek are occuring so it’s up to you to fix history.
- There will be a lot of new characters in Xenoverse 2, but not many new stages.
- The focus of Xenoverse 2 won’t just be the movies, although the intent is to add movie characters in. Xenoverse 2 won’t be the story of movies are altered, although movie characters will be shown in a different way in an original story. If there is enough demand for altered movie plots, then its something the development team can consider.
- Bandai Namco wants players to play Xenoverse 2 for a very long time. They will listen to fans, make adjustments to the game with modifications, and add new features even after the game releases. There will be a location players can post requests and share feedback announced in the future.
- Goku’s childhood, Dragon Ball, won’t be in the game.
- Dragon Ball Super content was not initially planned, but with the request of fans, Dragon Ball Super content will be included through DLC. Black Goku and Future Trunks have already been confirmed.
- There will be more attacks and costumes in Xenoverse 2 for created characters.
- Players will be able to transfer their Xenoverse 1 save to Xenoverse 2. Only one created character from Xenoverse 1 can be imported into Xenoverse 2. Along with his design, his costume and some attacks can be carried over.
- Players will be able to transfer their Xenoverse 1 save to Xenoverse 2. Depending on how far players progressed in Xenoverse 1 and how many items they obtained, Bandai Namco plans to give players in-game money so they can purchase the items they already had in Xenoverse 1 faster than someone who does not have a Xenoverse 1 save file.
- Akira Toriyama is mostly a supervisor for Xenoverse 2. He looks at the development team’s ideas. The new Time Patroller (TP) logo and characters like Supreme Kai of Time were supervised and approved by Toriyama-sensei.
- All Xenoverse 1 characters and costumes, including those from the DLC, will be in Xenoverse 2 from day 1. The GT story won’t be included, however, like it was in the Xenoverse 1 DLC.
- Orange Star High School, the school Gohan and Video attended, will be in the game. Players will learn skills from Xenoverse 1 masters there.
- Xenoverse 2 is being release around 1.5 years after Xenoverse 1. Xenoverse 3 will not be released as early.
Also is new footage of Xenoverse 2 from the Japan Expo stage event. The new content is between the 4:00 and 7:12 marks, take a look below! Included footage is an intro to Conton City where the player’s Time Patroller flies in and meets the Supreme Kai of Time. Also shown are flying within the city, usage of hoverboards, new emotes,
The video above shows the latest promo video on transformations and latest trailer as well. you can take a look at them in HD below
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: New Transformations Gameplay – Majin, Golden Frieza Race, SSJ3
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: Beta Announced, New Demo Gameplay
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: Black Goku DLC Pre-Order, Season Pass, Box Art Revealed
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: Limited Edition Golden Bundle
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: Gogeta vs Janemba, Custom Character Gameplay
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: New Trailer Reveals Release Date, Characters
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: Cooler Base/Final Form Confirmed, Turles on Namek
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: Story, Races, Generations, Items, Online
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: Import Your Time Patroller from Xenoverse 1
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: Training Mode, Dragon Ball Super, Transformations
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: New Hub (Conton City), Updated Multiplayer, Screenshots
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: First Gameplay Video Released
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is an action-fighting game with MMO and RPG elements in development by Dimps. It is expected to be published by Bandai Namco Entertainment for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in North America on October 25 and in Europe on October 28. There will be a PC/Steam release worldwide on October 28 as well.