The 2017 Electronic Entertainment Expo, E3, officially opens its doors today at the Los Angeles Convention Center in sunny-side Los Angeles,CA (USA). There, Bandai Namco Entertainment has Dragon Ball FighterZ on showcase for attendees to step-up and play. One attendee seems to have taken a photo of the Xbox One version of the control scheme prior to the start of the event.
Players will be able to perform a variety of attacks, including Z Assist, which may seem familiar in name from prior games Dragon Ball Xenoverse and Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden. The big difference in Dragon Ball FighterZ is Z Assists are characters on a player’s team that they can play as using the Z Change move. Take a look at the control scheme below along with definitions of some of the attacks which can be performed. You can see the attacks in action in the footage lasting over 18 minutes below.
- Super Dash – A homing dash you can use to approach the opponent while avoiding Ki Blasts
- Dragon Rush – Approach the enemy and launch a rush that can not be guarded.
- Z Assists – Call your team mate for covering fire!
- Z Change – Switch with another team mate!
- Ki Charge – Hold down to charge your Energy Guage!
- Sparking Blast – Increase Your power for a limited time! And also recover your health gauge (can only be performed once a match)
- Vanish – Move instantly behind the opponent and land an attack *Uses 1 Gauge)
- Ultimate Z Change – Launch a Super Attack with your team members (Uses 1 Gauge)
Dragon Ball FighterZ is a 3-vs-3 team battle fighting game in development by Arc System Works, the same developer as the acclaimed Guilty Gear fighting game franchise. Dragon Ball FighterZ delivers an explosive, action-packed game that combines classic 2D fighting with advanced 3D character models that look and feel as if they are straight out of the Dragon Ball series. It will will incorporate ultra high-speed battles and various flashy moves, including Goku’s iconic Kamehameha. Confirmed playable characters thus far include Goku (normal, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3, Frieza (Final Form, Golden) Super Saiyan 2 Gohan, Vegeta (normal and Super Saiyan), Perfect Cell, and Majin Buu. Dragon Ball FighterZ will be published by Bandai Namco Entertainment in early 2018.