Bandai Namco Entertainment has announced the release date for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 on the Nintendo Switch in the US and Europe (EU) – September 22, 2017. That’s 15 days after the Japanese release date of September 7, 2017.
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for the Nintendo Switch includes features specific to the Nintendo Switch version of the game and a different way of playing with friends both locally and online. Offline, up to two players can play on one Switch while online up to six friends can battle it out in their choice of the English or Japanese dub of the game. Features of the Nintendo Switch version of the game are:
- Switch specific controls and functionality, for example perform the Kamehameha and Spirit Bomb with the Joy-Con motion controls.
- Six player local play mode (additional Nintendo Switch units required).
- Use individual Joy-Con controllers to play the game with a friend locally.
- Relive the Dragon Ball 1 story by time traveling and protecting historic moments in the Dragon Ball universe.
- More in-depth avatar creation system and battle adjustments compared to Dragon Ball Xenoverse 1.
We did not see Bandai Namco America or Bandai Namco Europe announced anything related to DLC at this point in time, however, if it is like Japanese version, then it will likely be available separately and not bundled like many fans previously assumed. You can read more information about it here. Below is a video from the Switch version of the game along with screenshots and the American box art.
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is an action-fighting game with MMO and RPG elements in development by Dimps. It was published by Bandai Namco Entertainment for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in North America on October 25 and in Europe on October 28.