Bandai Namco Entertainment is calling all Naruto gaming fans as the 4-vs-4 ninja world showdown begins online with acrobatic ninja battles in Naruto to Boruto Shinobi Striker! Starting today, fans can sign-up for the closed beta testing of the game on PS4. The goal of the Naruto to Boruto Shinobi Striker closed beta is to provide stress tests for the game’s servers and gather feedback on the gameplay in order to balance and optimize the game before its release.
Spaces are extremely limited for the beta and only some fans who register will be able to participate. Those selected will be notified via e-mail a few days prior to the start of the beta.
For North American players, in order to sign-up, go to the official Bandai Namco America website at the following link and fill in the form – bandainamcoent.com/news/naruto-to-boruto-shinobi-striker-closed-beta-application
For European players, in order to sign-up, go to the official Bandai Namco Europe website at the following link and enter your PlayStation Network ID – bnent.eu/beta
For Japanese players, details for the closed beta sign-up can be found in a previous post.
The Naruto to Boruto Shinobi Striker: PS4 closed beta begins on December 15. The schedule for when the closed beta will be online as below. This closed beta is only for PlayStation 4 (PS4). At this time, it does not seem like there will be an Xbox One or PC/Steam version of the closed beta.
|Session||U.S.A. (California) PST||Europe (France) GMT||Japan JST|
|1st Session||12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. PST Friday||9:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. GMT Friday||05:00 – 08:00 JST Saturday|
|2nd Session||1:00 a.m. – 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday||10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. GMT Saturday||18:00 – 21:00 JST Saturday|
|3rd Session||9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. PST Saturday||6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. GMT Saturday||02:00 – 05:00 JST Sunday|
|4th Session||5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. PST Saturday||2:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m. GMT Sunday||10:00 – 13:00 JST Sunday|
In the Boruto Shinobi Striker closed beta, players will be able to…
- Create and play as their own created character. There will be limits, including limited parts, in the closed beta that can be combined and equipped to the created character.
- Play as Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and Kakashi.
- Learn from Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, and Kakashi as they will be masters/mentors who will teach jutsu to your created character
- Participate in the online Hidden Leaf Village lobby. In here, players will be able to go to the various modes of the game, communicate with others using emotes and pre-set messages, and put together their team for battle.
- Go to the VR Ninja Arena for a tutorial mission. This is a one-player experience that allows players to learn the controls of the game.
- Engage in eight-player battles at the Hokage Residence. This is a “Quick Match” mode in which eight players, in two teams of four, engage in ninja battles. In the closed beta, this will be a battle to capture the flag. Footage of capture the flag gameplay can be seen in the videos below. Teams will be random, unless players put together a team in the online Hidden Leaf Village lobby beforehand so that specific friends can be specified as teammates.
Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker Closed Beta Coming in December
Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker – New Gameplay from Tokyo Game Show
Naruto to Boruto Shinobi Striker Beta Test Announced
Naruto to Boruto Shinobi Striker – Created Character Gameplay, Details
Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker – Character Creation, Story Mode, Boruto Confirmed
Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker – First Gameplay Over 14 Minutes Long
Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker – Hinata and Rock Lee Confirmed Playable
Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker – Shikamaru and Choji Confirmed Playable
Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker – Early 2018 Release Date, New Trailer 2
Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker is a multiplayer game set in the Naruto universe. Players will be able to fight with their favorite characters and discover a new gameplay style set in thrilling 3D environments with a graphic style completely different from the Naruto Storm series. Up to eight human players can engage to become the greatest ninja.
In order attain victory, a team of players must combine the right combination of skills as they will be able to select characters with RPG-like attributes – Attack Type, Ranged Type, Defense Type, and Heal Type. Players can change tactics and strategy by changing the combination of styles on their team. Each character must carry out their role in order to guide their team to victory.
Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker is in development by developer Soleil Ltd. and will be published by Bandai Namco Entertainment to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC/Steam. A specific release date has not yet been announced, but the game will be published sometime early in 2018.